Thursday, June 9, 2011

I CAN'T MOVE MY ARMS!!!

WORKOUT
1 hour of BodyPump


On Monday of this week, I attended the 24Lift class at my gym.  It was pretty challenging, since I am extremely out of shape, but I was able to keep up with the class with a few breaks.  Oh, and I used the puniest weights in the class.  


Tuesday, I was pretty sore.  My arms were killing me.  But, the worst was yet to come.  


On Wednesday, my arms were so sore that for the first part of the day, I couldn't bring my hand to my face.  This was problematic as I couldn't wash my face!  Or cover my mouth if I sneezed.  I was in bad shape.  


Tonight, I went to the BodyPump class.  I really liked it and the instructor.  This class has a major problem for me...the plank!  Yes, we spend an eternity on the plank!  Not only that, while we are in the plank we have to move our feet and our arms to do this "around the world" thing!  I was unable to do any of this!!!  Hopefully if I stick with it, I will be able to do the plank soon.


Next week, I am going to be at my parent's house in Arkansas.  So, I will start on the Couch to 5K program and I will also take my Zumba DVD's with me.  I have had those DVD's since last year and haven't even used them yet.  I'll let you know how it goes.  



4 comments:

  1. Yay Sena, I'm so proud of you! I did the couch potato to 5k program last summer and it's great. Starting it again this next week too, we will have to keep each accountable! Although it's much harder for me this summer because I will be pushing a double jogging stroller instead of a single.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get 'em tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was experiencing the same sore arms last week. On Monday I went to my trainer and it was brutal. When I left my arms and chest were shaking. On Tuesday, I woke up and thought, ok, it's not too bad! By about lunch I was starting to feel the pain, and by dinner I could hardly reach up to get a cup from the cabinet! Thankfully my workout for Wesnesday was cancelled because I couldn't have operated the steering wheel.

    Plank gets easier. My 365 day challenge this year is to do plank every day. I started with 1 minute but it got too easy, so each month I've been adding 5 seconds. I would never have thought I could stay in plank position for a minute
    and a half, but if you practice often, it gets easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to type too much on my iPhone. I assure you that I can spell Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete