Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I Really Really Really Didn't Want To Do It.....

First, a pic from yesterday.....
It was Half-Priced Ice Cream Cone Day at Sonic.  And it was Monday.  I think that EVERY Monday should be Half-Priced Ice Cream Cone Day at Sonic...just because it's Monday.  

There was no workout yesterday because I came home and started working on speech evaluations reports. There was also no Dallas season finale, no Gotham, no fun.  

Today, I came home after work and started working on reports.  But, let me be completely honest: I really, really, really didn't want to run tonight.  I really didn't.  If my coworker wasn't meeting me, I wouldn't have gone.  Thank goodness for accountability.  

Today was the first run for the training season for the Dallas Half.  I have used the Hal Higdon Novice 1 Half-Marathon app for all three of my half marathons...and it has paid for itself.  Tonight we ran on a trail that I haven't run on for a long time.  It had some slight hills on the path, which is good for the training.  Here is a view on the way out:
Pretty, huh?  

And here is a view of a beautiful park on the way back:
Please forgive how blurry it is.  I haven't perfected the run-while-taking-a-picture thing.  

I forgot to mention, the weather was pretty good too.  It was slightly cooler than it has been.  So, I was finally able to put a "smiley face" on my Nike+ app.  

I probably will not be working out or blogging tomorrow as I am eating dinner with a friend tomorrow night (she is cooking for me....so no money!) and then it's the Survivor premiere and the Big Brother finale. I know....priorities.  

Until next time!  
Sena



No comments:

Post a Comment