Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Setbacks and Comebacks, and Work-Out Scenery

WORKOUT-MONDAY
Week 2 Day 1 of Couch to 5K-2 miles


WORKOUT-TUESDAY
Bodypump class at my gym-1 excruciating hour


WORKOUT-TODAY
Week 2 Day 2 of Couch to 5K-2 miles


Well, I'm back.  


Where have I been?  Not working out...and I was ashamed to admit that, especially on a blog that I started to chronicle my new "healthy lifestyle".  And the more that time passed, the more embarrassed I was.  Anyway, I picked myself up and started over again.  Hopefully you can appreciate my honesty.  


So, I have been making a big effort to eat better this week.  Tonight I am going out to dinner (hopefully for Pad Thai) and I am going to have them box up half of the serving for me to take home for tomorrow. I hope that is where we go, as I have already made this "plan".  But, my friend is making the restaurant choice tonight so I will roll with the punches.  


So, my funny story?  I have what I would like to call a "creeper" who lives in my apartment building.  This man is in his 60's and wears his hear in a long, gray ponytail.  He is usually standing in front of the apartment building talking on his cell phone and wearing white dress shoes, shorts, and no shirt.  George Clooney he is not.  On Monday, when I went to do my running, I was on a treadmill in my apartment's workout center which faces the pool area.  Well, here comes Creeper, laden with beach towels, to the pool area.  He takes THREE pool-side chairs and arranges his myriad of towels on them.  Then he disrobes to reveal....a SPEEDO!  I nearly fell off the treadmill.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, my treadmill was DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF HIM.  Ugh.  When I went to workout today, I noticed that he was back at the pool area. I chose a treadmill that faced a wall this time.  A blank wall was better than what I faced on Monday.  


I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!  


Today's question:
What song is currently on your head right now?  





1 comment:

  1. Three workouts this week - awesome! Sounds like you won't be cooling off in your community pool anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete