Thursday, November 10, 2011

Going Off The Grid

Workout:  Ran 2.14 miles (Week 6 Day 2 of C25K) on the school track

I don't really have a lot to say today.  I weigh in tomorrow morning...hopefully it's another loss.  I need to lose that 4.3 pounds by Christmas so I can get my ear pierced!  I broke the news to my mom last night about the ear piercing.  I got the "well, you're 40 years old (rub it in, mom).  You can get an ear piercing if you want."  I'm taking it that she was not pleased.  Oh well, I am 40 years old, so I guess I can get a piercing if I want.  :)

Today's run went really well!  Today's workout consisted of:
5 minutes warm up
10 minutes run
3 minutes walk
10 minutes run
5 minutes cool down
The music that my iphone shuffled through did not have the best beat.  I think the best song was "Hungry Like The Wolf" and that was during my warm up.  It's strange how the right music will do the trick for pace.  Probably the worst song was "Hate Me" by Blue October.  Not really a great running song.  I have a special playlist for racing called...wait for it...Racing Mix (I'm a genius!)  But I only want to use it for races so I won't get sick of it.  I get sick of playlists rather quickly.

This weekend, I am going off the grid.  I am going to my parent's hunting property in Podunk, Arkansas.  I will not have internet access or even 3G coverage (unless I stand out in a field, which makes me "outstanding in my field"!  I slay me!).  I am wanting to run, but in order to do so, I will have to drive an hour ONE WAY to Ozark to the high school track.  It would be easy for me not to run at all, but I really need to do this.  I want to finish Week 6 of C25K. I'll be back in the land of the living on Sunday.

Have a great night!
smr

No comments:

Post a Comment