Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Kryptonite

Workout:  Ran 2.34 miles on the school track (Week 5 Day 1 of C25K)

Today, one of my coworkers had a bridal shower.  I knew that I was running right after the shower, so I brought an apple and 1/2 of my Clif Bar (because I'm cool like that).  So, while everyone was having punch, cheese, and CAKE, I had my apple and bar.  This does not sound like a big deal, but as many people know, CAKE is my kryptonite.  Actually cake, cupcakes (that's cake, right?), and ice cream are my kryptonite.  So this was a big deal for me.  The funny thing is that I didn't even really care that I was missing it...and I had three people at my table eating cake!  Weird.  I'm not going to question it, though.  I'm going with it.

After the shower, I went to the track to do my run.  Today my run consisted of:
5 minutes warm up
5 minutes running
3 minutes walking
8 minutes running
3 minutes walking
5 minutes running
5 minutes cool down
It felt really good!  I was surprised at the distance that I covered.  I am a slow runner.  I think that I need to have more consistency in my runs, without having such long breaks in between.  DUH!

Planning on running on the school track following an after-school meeting.  This weekend, I am going to my parents hunting property in Podunk, AR.  On Saturday, I am going to drive one hour each way to a high school track to do my running.  I may even go on Sunday.  We'll see how I do.

Now, onto an evening of knitting, laundry, and American Horror Story!

Sena

No comments:

Post a Comment